Expand my Community achievements bar.

processFormSubmission error - Stream does not represent a PDF document.

Former Community Member

Hi, I am facing problem with processFormSubmission component.

We´re using updated render process, but after server reinstall, I am using Default Render ES Update1and this component is returning me Stream does not represent a PDF document  error.

Environment settings I use:

&HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=cs&HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)&CONTENT_TYPE=application/pdf&CONTENT_LENGTH=451429 .

I tried also different content_type var, it was not returning that err, but component was not able to save attachement list(what is important for me).

thanx for suggestion, thx... Lukas

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Lukas,

Could you explain the context in which you are using the processFormSubmission service?

This method is typically used through the ES Java API in a Java servlet and the input stream is defined as follow:

inRequestDoc — A com.adobe.idp.Document object that represents the posted content. From within a Java servlet, you can create a com.adobe.idp.Document object by invoking the HttpServletRequest object's getInputStream method: Document myDocument = new Document(req.getInputStream());

See the Java API doc at

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/javadoc/com/adobe/livecycle/formsservic...

Steve

Former Community Member

I am using it just for saving the pdf attachment to the variable.

It was working fine before, now something is different.