• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After successful install, I am unable to use RoboHelp 7 because of constant refresh of file lists

Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHELP 7 installed on Windows XP

Our enterprise support team installed RH7 on my new laptop via our corporate intranet.  I received an e-mail message reporting that the install failed so I contacted the support team, someone logged on to my machine by remote and did an uninstall of RH7.  Then, the install was done again and the same failure message was received.  Then, RH was uninstalled and the install was attempted for the third time.  Again, I received the failure message.  I had noticed that after each install the icons appeared on my desktop.  So, after this third install, I went ahead and clicked the RH7 HTML icon and the program seemed to start properly.  I have a key number from our enterprise team and I entered the key number to complete the registration.  The UI appeared and I selected my recent project.  RH built the file lists that I expected to see in the left panes of the interface but the file lists kept "twitching" and the cursor kept changing to the hourglass and back.  This happened about once every two or three seconds and I could not move my cursor fast enough to select a file.

One of my co-workers suggested that I uninstall RH7 myself, check the registry and erase any robohelp entries.  I know this is risky but I am confident I can do it.  However, I would like to hear from any RH experts about how to solve this "twitching" problem, if there are other possible solutions.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My gut feel is that if your organisation is large enough to have an Enterprise license, IT would not take too kindly to you uninstalling the product yourself and editing the registry. That's your issue though.

If they are happy, then you could try www.revouninstaller.com with which a number of people have reported good results if you use the stronger options to clear the registry. Again at your risk and responsibility.

You might also like to look at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/before_install.html. It includes the script IT should be using. Maybe that should be checked as well.

The other approach is to get them to do a direct install. Worth trying given the issues you are having.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp