• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfinput datefield in iframe issue

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a form in an iframe and I need to use a popup calendar.  When I click on the icon it displays underneath the iframe borders.  I need it to display on top of the iframe.

Please help!

If it isn't possible to do with cfinput datefield let me know if there are options out there!

Thanks!!

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you pls post your code.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page one:

<iframe name="ifrm" scrolling="no" width="100" height="100" frameborder="0" src="https://www.mysite.com/form.cfm">
   [Browser does not support frames.]

</iframe>

Page two:

<cfform>

<cfinput type="datefield" name="Depart_Date" size="10">

</cfform>

When you click on the calendar icon it pops up but only displays part of the calendar as it falls underneath the frame.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

Is it actually possible at all to have an iframe's contents overflow its borders?  It wouldn't surprise me if the answer is "no".  But I'm no expert on these things.

Why are you using an iframe here?  Could this problem be solved using a different approach entirely?

Not much help, sorry.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am definitely open to going with a different approach.  I am using iframes because I need to include a form from another server.  I have coded both the form and the application where it is being inserted into, but it eventaully will be a widget where a different site can pop it into their site too.  So what would you recommend being the best solution on including code from another server?  Specifically a form.

Any advice is appreciated!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on permissions and connections, cfhttp, cffile, or possibly even cfinclude might be appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation