Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Expandable text boxes overlaps next text box..

Level 2

can anyone help me to trouble shoot this problem.  it took me long enough to figure out how to create text boxes that expand down a form, but now I am realizing that although the text boxes expand they overlap with the next text box below.  is there anyway to make that second text box instantly drop lower on the form as the first one expands?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Have a look at this modified version ...

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

The root subform of the form must be set to flowed.

Paul

Level 2

where do i change that? anyone out there willing to help me edit this form

if I were to forward it along? Im a total livecycle n00b

Former Community Member

Post your form and I will try to look at it today.

Paul

Level 2

thanks a lot.  what i need is for the boxes on page 4 and 5 to be expandable without of course overlapping the next questions.  thanks for your time.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Have a look at this modified version ...

Paul

Level 2

incredible.  thank you very much.  is there any way that you could describe to me what I was doing wrong and what changes you needed to make to complete what I had requested?

thanks again for your time

Former Community Member

The expandable sections must be in a flowed subform, so to maintian the position of fields I wrapped each of th equestions in a positioned subform then put each of this in a flowed subform. So have a look at my hierarchy view versus your hierarchy view.

Paul

Level 2

hi again,

I can see the differences in the heirarchy but I still have no idea how to go about doing this on another form on my own. (My boss is asking me to teach it to her and everyone in our office). If it would be impossible to describe to me via this forum, can you reccommend anywhere I could read about/do a tutorial on this specific function of livecycle? thank you again for your help.  p.s. if you could also tell me how to open two documents in livecycle at the same time so that I could directly compare the two heirarchies it would be much appreciated

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----