• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
Component error Component didn't load. Please try again later.

Search Results

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm creating WebHelp & using RH7.

I wondered if there was anything I could do to improve the search results (using the search box.) For example, I searched for the word user, and I got a list of topics. When I opened a topic, the letters us are highlighted in words like various, use, etc. Another example: I searched for the word menu and received the correct topics. I searched for the word men, thinking it would bring up the topics with the word menu. However, it did not.  

I've searched this forum, and I see lots of questions about search results and the recommendation to use ZoomSearch. Outside of this product, is there a way to improve the search results? Are there no characters like quotes or brackets that will allow me to just get the character string I'm looking for?

Thanks for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That'll teach you to go searching for men when you should be working!

I tried the same tests in RH8 and got the same results. I don't know what to suggest other than ZoomSearch. I'll report it to Adobe but you should do the same.

The more people who report a bug or request a feature, the more likely it is to be actioned. Please follow this link.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter. My husband also frowns on me looking for men during working hours...or anytime.

I've reported the bug and will look at ZoomSearch.

Thanks again for your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp