• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to 7.0.5 and STILL having issues!!

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Presenter 7.0.5 and STILL having issues.  Hopefully someone here can help (I'm at my wit's end!)  (BTW: Running Windows Vista)

Specific error:  "MediaWriter::write: Unknown codec."

Thought updating would relieve me of this problem, but it happened AGAIN when I went to update the audio on a PPT I'd published! 

[This error] pops up sporadically, but OFTEN during editing and ALSO during syncing - I tried both!

When it appears, I cannot move ahead.  Each time I click "ok" and attempt to re-play from the point I was at, the error will appear.

The work-around I found requires that I:

- Click "ok" to the error message

- Go back to the editing window and jump a little ahead of where I was editing; then

- Click play/record

Doing this forces me to skip what I was attempting to listen to/edit and move forward from there.  It happens ALOT during one editing session.

I cannot find anything on the Adobe website, or in Google search about this MediaWriter codec error!  Do you know of it?  Any answers on how to resolve it?

PPT STILL CRASHES!

PPT often crashes during audio editing and it did again, after updating [to 7.0.5]. It freezes and then I must force it to exit.  It will attempt to restart PPT automatically, but not before I see this error on my desktop:

"PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'adobe presenter powerpoint com addin' add-in.  If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available. Do you want to disable this add-in?"

I know Presenter must work better than this... any ideas on what's going on?

Maybe I just need to uninstall and re-install. I have to find a fix.

Sorry for the long post, but as you can see, I'm in dire need of help and am hoping someone or some others have experienced these things.

Thanks so much for your time!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wendy, I don't think you will see this with any new presentations, but I don't believe the latest update fixes it in current presentations that have the bug. So you might have to re-create the slides or presentations that you are trying to update.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect |

adobe systems

my.adobe.acrobat.com/mattrock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt,

Thanks for such a quick response!!!

I would seriously be sooo happy with THAT if I understand what you're saying.... So for all NEW presentations (that is I start with a blank slate, if you will), I will likely not experience either of these issues?  I just really can't go back to previous PPTs, try to edit them and expect them to work w/o these issues?

If that's the case, I'm fine with that and will start anew.  I've just been experiencing this since installing Presenter (Version 6) and am finally at my wit's end with it since it's so time-consuming.  I do 100's of PPTs so can't go through this anymore.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, that's right. You shouldn't have this issue anymore with 7.0.5 with new presentations. Hope that clarifies.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect |

adobe systems

my.adobe.acrobat.com/mattrock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will be out of the office starting 22/10/2009 and will not return until

28/10/2009.

If you require urgent assistance then please contact Emma Dawson on 15832

alternatively I will respond to your query on my return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28/10/2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28/10/2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

28/10/2009.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources