• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use automatic captions with Full Motion Recording.

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In full motion recording, when I select the Settings button and then Modes in the Recording category, I have Add text captions, Convert tooltips to rollover captions and show mouse movement and location checked. However, it does not record Text Captions. What am I doing wrong (I am new to captivate)?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, could you tell which version of Captivate you are using? I have some other questions: why do you want to have Full Motion Recording? Automatic Captions will be added in normal mode, FMR is just like a video recording what is happening on the screen. Captions will be added if you choose Demonstration, Simulation or Assessment mode. You will get different slides, each with the wanted captions (depending on the choosen mode: you do not have the same sort of captions).
Since I'm using CP4, and do not know which version you are using, it is a bit difficult to give the right answer. Could you perhaps post a screenshot of your settings in the Preferences, Recording? Please, use the small camera icon to insert your screenshot in the post.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Rick has the answer to my question.

I am using CP4. I thought I would use FMR as it seems easier than selecting the Prnt Scrn button each time I want to capture the motion of the mouse going from one location to another without a mouse click. I am narrating as I go, showing the learner what screen areas are used for in an application and don't always want to click the screen but want text caption on. Then I can delete the extra captions I don't need.

Since I need text options, I will use automatic recording.

Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To my knowledge this isn't possible. Full Motion Recording (FMR) quite simply records the screen activity just as you would see if using a camcorder. It doesn't add the captions for you. Certainly you may add them later, but that would be a separate action. I suppose if you wanted the captions, you could record using Demonstration mode and copy them over.

We seldom (if ever) recommend using FMR from Captivate. Likely you will find it to be more of a struggle than it is worth.

Cheers.. Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Lilybiri, you sneaked in when I wasn't looking!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick answer to my question. I also replied to Lilybriri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources