• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a Previous .chm File

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH 7.  Can I use a .chm file from a previous RH project to replace the .chm file in my current project?  Both .chm files reside in an external folder (not the SSL! folder).  If I can use the previous .chm file, how would I go about associating it with the current project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Of course I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm a bit confused.

.CHM files are often created using RoboHelp HTML as they are one of the available output types. So I'm more than a bit confused by your asking if you can "use a previous .chm file". I suppose what we need to know in order to assist you is how exactly you are using the CHM.

For example, you could be linking to the CHM from an existing project page. Or you could be linking to it where the project you are working in is a Master where the CHM is a sub of the set.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the situation.  I had created two projects for the same application:  one to be used for system testing and one to be used for production.  After talking with the developer, I realized I really don't need two identical projects, just one for builds and one to create new topics that I can then import into the other one.  However, the .chm file that's been used for system test (with all the map IDs) is now the one the developer wants to use for production.  Both project .chm files are identical except for three topics with their corresponding map IDs not coded into the production project.  Since I've now changed the project we used for system testing into a "bare bones" project containing only new topics for the future, can I use the existing .chm file from that project as the .chm file for the production.  It has not been changed since I created it for system test.  The developer would rather I do that than work with the .chm file for production.

I know this all sounds ridiculous, but I am still learning the map ID process and what the developer needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

Hmmm, I'm still confused but maybe it's just that I've not had sufficient quantities of caffeine.

I'd say that if the CHM your developer has is doing the job (meaning all the CSH calls are functioning normally) and it has all the topics needed, just use that one.

I suppose my confusion is stemming from what appears to be your question asking which CHM the developer should use. I was oddly trying to relate it to the use of RoboHelp to actually create the CHM, so was getting lost with how that connected.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp