Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Streaming result of <cfpdf> merge to browser, NOT file on server

Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, as my title suggests...I have a PDF document that was created with cfdocument...I then have used cfpdf to merge the results of that PDF with 2 other PDF's to make a final document...my question is, how to do get this resulting PDF to open in the browser (as it can with cfdocument) instead of writing a physical PDF file on the server?  I just need the user to be able to see and print the file, not actually save it on the server itself.

Something like:

<cfdocument format="pdf" name="pdfsource">

stuff here

</cfdocument>

<cfpdf action="merge" destination="temp/test.pdf" overwrite="yes">
    <cfpdfparam source="pdfsource">
    <cfpdfparam source="includes/nlv_affidavit.pdf">
    <cfpdfparam source="includes/nlv_certapp.pdf">
</cfpdf>

So far my research has turned up nothing on this particular instance, strangely.

Thanks in advance!

T

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

I believe you can save the results to a variable, and then stream the variable to the browser using cfcontent. Though this entry is on watermarking, it does use the same variable/cfcontent technique. See the last two lines of the code

http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2007/7/13/ColdFusion-8-Working-with-PDFs-Part-3

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you can save the results to a variable, and then stream the variable to the browser using cfcontent. Though this entry is on watermarking, it does use the same variable/cfcontent technique. See the last two lines of the code

http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2007/7/13/ColdFusion-8-Working-with-PDFs-Part-3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep perfect! Thanks!!

Now I'm having another issue after that that I'll post separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation