• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project Titles in RoboHelp 7 Projects

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to change the project title (title that appears in the topic left corner of my HTMLHelp output file), but I'm having no luck.

Is anyone else having difficulty changing project titles in RoboHelp 7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there YWSanchez and welcome to our community

Expand your Windows folder and double-click the Window to edit the settings. Change the Window Caption to what you want it to say.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. I actually tried that, but no luck. I even tried manually modifying the <caption> element in the rhwnd.apj file, but still no luck:-(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I finally got it to work. I was originally trying to modify the default window caption. I found that if I just create a new window definintion, I have no problems modifying it's caption.

Thanks,

Yvonne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yvonne

I'm pleased you managed to sort it. Out of curiosity, look at the icon representing the first Window definition you were using. Does it have a little globe icon inside it? If so, my hunch is correct. Your project began life as a WebHelp project. Thus no HTML Help Window existed. When you edited the Window definition, you were probably editing the WebHelp definition.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I'm having the same issue and trying to follow your suggestion to change the Window caption in Windows but I'm getting no luck.  I also tried to change the rhwnd.apj file.  I'm using RH7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is your output? CHM or WebHelp/FlashHelp?

I ask because the Window definition only works if you are compiling CHM files or you are using the WebHelp API to open topics.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output is CHM.

Daisy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of interest was the window created when the default single source layout was something other than Microsoft HTML help? If it was, you may be better off ensuring the default single source layout is Microsoft HTML help and creating new window.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The client created the source files, what I'm dealing with is the localized set.  Client worked directly in RoboHelp to create HTML pages and etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all you have is the CHM file output? If so, you'll have to get hold of the source or get the translation company to recompile the CHM with the correct window title.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, I have the complete set of the English.  But when the localized set is compiled, the title doesn't show, just said 'HTML Help'.  As I mentioned, I tried to fix the caption in rhwnd.apj as well as Windows in RH, but they haven't worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had one heck of a time with this problem, and with trying to find the answer.  I wasn't even sure what to search for:  I tried "Title Bar" "RoboHelp 7 CHM Title Bar," and I finally came across this post and the series of answers.  I tried the following things:

• File->Project Settings  (I changed the title in there, and generated the new CHM file.  The old title persisted)
  • Editing the rhwind.pfj file (same result)
  • Logging out and back into the project (nothing changed)
  • File->New->Window
    This was interesting.  It showed two Windows, one called NewWindow and another called NewWindow1.  Both of them showed the new title and even the left window showed the correct title, but for whatever reason, it didn't translate to the CHM file.  On a lark I deleted all of the NewWindows and created a new NewWindow, deleted the Window Caption and retyped it in.  Now it works!  If that isn't user-hostile, I don't know what is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2009 Nov 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks we also figured out among the rdwnd.apj file you also have to match all other apj files in the set. The other issue is if you were trying compile non-English language, you'll need to boot your regional settings into the native language, otherwise it won't show either. What a pain huh?

iMail from myMail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp