Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation problem

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

I need to load RoboHelp X5 Office. I put the disk in and go through the install with the product key etc. Everything looks good: directory, desktop icons, RoboPDF is in all the Office products. But when I try and run RoboHelp, nothing. No error, nothing.

System info:
I am an administrator.
Windows XP
Office 2003
Plenty of disk and RAM space.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't help. As an added piece of information, Add/Remove programs shows no size information for RoboHelp.

I changed the default name to my user account name, as suggested somewhere on this forum for someone else's problem.

Does any one have an idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance
Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

X5 has to be installed and run with the same logon and with admin rights attached, both installation and use.

You will not be able to activate it though as that server had to be pulled for security reasons. You will need to contact Customer Support for a replacement that does not need activation.

However, that should not stop you using X5 for a limited period of time, unless it has been on that PC before.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Howdy,

Thanks for the direction. But, I have an update.

I got to the help people and they gave me a knowledge base location with the help I needed.

KB 403696

It is running two service packs and then replacing the roboehelp.exe and robohtml.exe files.

It works fine now.

Thanks again.

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp