Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH Webhelp hyperlinks

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2008 Oct 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Using RH7. Created a hyperlink to a PDF. If I preview the topic the hyperlink works fine. When the project is recompiled the hyperlink does not work.

I can see the path displayed and that looks OK. I have tried other document types and simplifying the document name but these dont work either. Also tried compiling on other PC's and creating new projects and topics but this does not work either.

I noted the html code read

<p><a href="../../Risk Assessment Documentation.pdf">Please click here</a></p>

I thought the ../../ might be the problem but this works on V5 projects I have created.

Any help?

Nigel

Edit - I have checked the baggage files and the document has been added successfully. If I click on this the document launches.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of help, webhelp or CHM?

Where is it installed?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Webhelp.

Where was it installed - not sure what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you running the output on a server or your local PC. If the latter, links to PDFs will not work.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SSL folder is created on the PC with the working files. The manual is then viewed via a remote PC over the network. I have also tried running it on the local machine.

When you say 'Were you running the output on a server or your local PC. If the latter, links to PDFs will not work.' - I have just managed to create a brand new project with a PDF hyperlink on my PC, launched it and it works fine.

Could there be a problem with the project I have created

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You generated webhelp to your local PC and when you run it locally and click the link to a PDF, the PDF opens?

That is not happening here and Adobe confirmed sometime back that it will not.

Have I understood you correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

I created a new project on my PC. In the topic I inserted a hyperlink to a PDF located on my C drive.
It then asks if I want to copy the document to c:/procedure manuals/test - which I respond yes

I then generate primary layout and view result. I can then, via the manual, click on the hyperlink and the document is launched.

However for a manual I have created previously none of the 'link to file' hyperlinks work on the compiled manual.

Hope this explains?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the options are these.

Generate with MOW and locally the PDF link will not work.

Generate without MOW and locally the PDF link will work. Trouble is, you then get the yellow bar and have to allow active content to run.

Does that fit with what you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Thanks for that - Switched MOW off and link worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Did you not get the yellow bar?

If not, you must have Allow Active Content to run set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp