Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding "continued" after a pagination

Level 3

I am creating a dynamic form that reads in XML. I have serveral subForm chunks that may be split up over a page break. Is there a way to dynamically add something like "continued from previous page" after a subForm is paginated?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You coudl have a specific Master Page that has that information and in the Pagination section of the sunform you can assign that specific Master  Page to the option "If Dataset must be Paginated" the choose your new Master Page.

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You coudl have a specific Master Page that has that information and in the Pagination section of the sunform you can assign that specific Master  Page to the option "If Dataset must be Paginated" the choose your new Master Page.

Paul

Former Community Member

Paul,

I am having a similar requirement - If I create a new Master Page and assign that page when the data overflows then I might not get the desired behavior.

Let's say we have 3 pages - first page should have CONTINUED text at the bottom of the form Same thing happens for 2nd Page - the last or the third page

has no such text in short it stays hidden.

I tried using Master Page scripting but somehow it's not working.

Can you show me the way forward on this?

Regards,

Rohit

Former Community Member

Not sure I follow .....are you trying to control a set fo repeating rows and if they flow through to the next page then you want to have the text "Continued...." at the bottom of the page? And on the last page you do not want to have "Continued..."?

If you have a sample to work from it woudl be easier than creating a new one. You can send it and your data file to LiveCycle8@gmail.com ...please include a description of what you are lookig for in that email.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----