• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player wont run!

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to get this to work and am at my end.  I have tried everything that is suggested to troubleshoot this and I cant figure it out.  It started when I tried to play on a video poker web site.  I had played just the evening before and when I logged on it said that I needed to download the flash player  It shows that I have downloaded it but it doesnt install and run.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the very same problem & i have also been tring for weeks on end ; what do we doo ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what to do.  I cant seem to get any helpful information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying the same and no go.  Would like somebody to tell me why this will not work and yet we are forced to install.  We want to install but it will not run.  Adobe, help......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2009 Oct 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too  am  not  able  to  get  flash  player  to run!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm in the same boat as the rest of you all, and would sure like to know what the fix to this problem is. I need my laptop not only to take copious amounts of notes but I need to watch select video footage pertaining to my course of study... So if any of the techies are reading this, how about throwing us shlubs a fricken bone here, and let us know what's going on, or what can be done to overcome this problem; really do need video footage to play.

Thanks,

RAC

hd_rac@msn.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I first tried this installation months ago.  Gave up, and wasted another hour+ tonight trying again (who's the fool now?).

Mac OS 10.4.11

Firefox 3.0.14

Installed Adobe Flash Player 10, Firfox won't find it.  Checked everywhere I can think of.  Uninstalled Flash Player.  Reinstalled Flash Player.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Still no go.

Adobe's site - via the very same Firefox that cannot find Flash Player when I need it to - recognizes that I have the correct version installed: "You have version 10,0,32,18 installed."

Since we're getting no help here, maybe I can get help from Firefox peeps.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks HaiLee will try what you've tried just for laughs, but have the funny feeling I will get no satisfaction.

Good luck trying to fix this problem,

RAC

Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:13:58 -0600

To: hd_rac@msn.com

Subject: Flash Player wont run!

I first tried this installation months ago. Gave up, and wasted another hour+ tonight trying again (who's the fool now?).

Mac OS 10.4.11

Firefox 3.0.14

Installed Adobe Flash Player 4, Firfox won't find it. Checked everywhere I can think of. Uninstalled Flash Player. Reinstalled Flash Player.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Still no go.

Adobe's site - via the very same Firefox that cannot find Flash Player when I need it to - recognizes that I have the correct version installed: "You have version 10,0,32,18 installed."

Since we're getting no help here, maybe I can get help from Firefox peeps.....

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not alone, but I'm so pissed that Adobe hasn't correct this. I can't get Flash Player to install using the download I got from their site. I followed the directions on the page that the error message directed me to, but it's Bull*hit.

Fortunately for me I'm in a position to get even with Adobe for all my lost time and frustration--I make some purchasing decisions for my company, and its quite large.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't get any error messages, it just does not work.  Pretty poor company that can't put out a product that you have to have, that works.  What are these companies thinking when they make there clients, force them to use the adobe.  Not smart.  Glad somebody can get something on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, follow sufferers:

I decided to start a Case with Adobe Support.  I have not tried this yet, because I do not have another 2 hours to kill at the moment, but even if it ultimately doesn't work for me, it may work for you, so I'm posting the response anyway:

Thank you for contacting Adobe Support. I am responding in reference to
the Web Request posted on 14th October 2009 regarding, "Adobe Flash
Player".

As I understand that you are not able to watch videos and are getting
the errors regarding the Flash Player. I understand your concern and
assure you that we will both find a resolution for that together.

[Awwwww, isn't that sweet?  So nice to be understood!  I suddenly feel so confident that we'll work together towards a resolution!! ~ HS]

As you said that you have already tried to uninstall and then reinstall
the Flash Player. Sometimes what happens is that after the uninstall
some components are left in the system and when reinstalled it will
create the same errors. So, I would suggest to follow the link given
below and download and run the utility to remove the Flash Player and
ActiveX control:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_tn_14157_en-us

Please download and run the utility for MAC. After you have done that
please download and install the Flash Player 10 from the link given
below:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP

This should resolve all the issues you are facing, however, if doesn't
get resolved, please follow the link below to troubleshoot the error:

http://go.adobe.com/kb/ts_tn_19166_en-us

I hope this information is helpful and if in case you face any issues or
need any clarification you can contact us we will be more than happy to
help you.

For future reference please use TS Case Number : 181226540 at Web
Support Portal : http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal

For future references on common queries and their responses, kindly
visit our online forums by visiting the link mentioned below:
www.forums.adobe.com

Also, you can visit our Knowledge Base for any queries:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?cat=support
<(>&<)>loc=en_us

It was nice interacting with you and your suggestion will certainly help
Adobe grow in the future. [They really do care! ~HS]

Warm Regards,
Devendra Singh,
Adobe Support.

-------------------

Also, I received a response from Firefox, but the link to it is bad and it will take me awhile to find it.  Will report back later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for Mac, or are they saying to use the Mac utility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac, so hopefully (for me) their instructions are based on that fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hopes were dashed after I got to the 3rd step - the suggestions, it turns out, were not Mac-specific, in fact the suggestions have nothing to do with Macs, other than the Mac-specific uninstall/install.

Those of you with PCs, go forth and follow their troubleshooting link.

Me, I'm escalating my "case."  (I have a case of broken flash.  Is there a treatment for it, or will I get this disease named after me?)

Here's what I wrote to my case worker:

----------------

Hi again,

You suggested:
1. Uninstall
2. Reinstall

Done and done.  So on to the next suggestion...
3. Read Troubleshooting page

See, here's the problem I keep coming up against: your Troubleshooting file and all the support I find is for Windows, not Mac.  I do not have the programs addressed in your Troubleshooting file, such as Active X, Norton, Pop-up Blockers,  3rd Party Flash Player "Cleaners," XP or Vista.

Do you have suggestions for a Mac running OS 10.4.11, and Firefox 3.0.14?

----------------

So, we'll see what happens next....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution that has been posted here many, many times...

Some sites confuse Adobe Flash Player with Adobe Shockwave Player, and ask users to download Flash Player, when in fact the site requires Shockwave Player.  Don't blame Adobe for this...

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ʇɐb ɹəuəllıʍ, thanks, but that was not the issue.  I uninstalled, then installed shockwave.  I cleared my browser history and cache, went back to my test site, and still I'm told, "Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to this site to see if Flash Player and Shockwave Player are working correctly

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They both seem to be working.  I mean, they work if by "animation" they mean that next to the colorful logo there are 3 tabs (each player) that say "create," "see," and "about," and when I roll over them, they expand to show a couple more links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I can only assume that something is wrong on the unknown test site you are using.

Does this site work: http://www.youtube.com/swf_test.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't (wasn't) just one site; it happened at several, but not all sites that used Flash Player.

Guilty party: Adblock.  The Adblock extension limits only some Adobe Flash-based sites.  Based on a Mozilla expert's advice, I disabled it, and can now see all sites that were problematic before.

Good luck to the rest of you!  Off to close my case.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Plz check your account have sufficient privileges. It mean admin rights to  your login account.

2. If have, then Download the setup file again. (May be old file  corrupted.)

3. After install check youtube or nseries.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this problem. Flash player runs intermittently. You get a black video window screen when it doesn't work. If you refresh sometimes it comes up properly, sometimes it doesn't. Uninstalled and installed again.

Any suggestions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know if this will work for you or not but i clicked on the compatibility view button  on the top of my internet explorer bar and now it works. good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was me!!!  Is there a fix out here somewhere - please - its driving me crazy.  This is the third day I have spent trying to fix this and I really have oother stuff to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines