• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Does Robohelp 8 take soooo long to do anything?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed Robohelp 8 the other day, and I know it is a large application (the download was about 660 MG), but it is so slow that it is currently unworkable on my PC. It took five minutes for the application to open my legacy .xpj file (from 5.0), and after doing so, I highlighted a page in my project file for editing, and it took about 25-30 seconds for the page to appear after highlighting it in the project manager. This isn't anywhere close to what I would consider to be acceptable performance.

I should note that my PC is running a 8222 SE processor, 3.01 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM, and has 40 GB of storage. I am currently trying to get my memory upgraded to 4 GB. Can you provide any other recommendations on this?

Also, when I had a response problem with RH for HTML 5.0 (took 10 minutes for my project file to open), I cut the .cpd file out and then went back to open the .xpj file, which rebuilt the .cpd (and the performance was better). However, I removed the .cpd from another help file, and this did not work; the .cpd file did not rebuild itself, and every link in my project was broken (fortunately, I had a backup project). Both .xpj files were about 4.00 KB. Do you have any idea why rebuilding the .cpd would work in one RH 5.0 help project, but not another?

Please let me know about these issues. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if point 7 at this link helps.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does help - thanks a lot.

Wayne Kroger

State Street Corporation

SQA-Princeton

(609) 580-6264

mail to: wekroger@statestreet.com

The information contained in this email and any attachments have been classified as limited access and/or privileged State Street information/communication and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee(s). If you are not an intended recipient or a person responsible for delivery to an intended recipient, please notify the author and destroy this email. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, retention or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp