• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reference guide with samples and practice projects?

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

After playing with the trial my boss has paid for a license - hooray!

Now I know this has been asked before, but I was wondering if the market has moved on since then.

Is there such a thing as Captivate 4 for Dummies? I'm particularly looking for a step by step guide that has a CD with samples and practice projects I could play with to get the hang of using Captivate for actually creating real projects.

I've got plenty of experience in creating software sims using the tool bundled with our LMS, so it's the Captivate processes I'm interested in rather than the methodology behind creating good elearning.

The only thing I can find on Amazon UK that looks like a potential is Lynda.com Captivate 4 Essential Training (PC/MAC)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Captivate-Essential-Training-PC-MAC/dp/B002IGTCSA/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&s=soft...

Can anyone with first hand experience let me have some feedback on it? Or suggest alternative titles?

Thank you

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may find the Iconlogic books to be of value. Note that these are often used when you attend classroom training.

Click here to view and order one or more of their books. (If you send me a private E-Mail to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com, I can provide a coupon code that offers a discount)

You may also find that Lynda.com offers what you need.

Click here to visit Lynda.com

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rick

I'll have a look at both of those.

I appreciate the offer of the coupon but in this case I'd rather pay the author full price; the project I'm working on has a budget so it's only fair that they pay!

Especially given prices for classroom training these days!

Cheers, brightonjon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources