• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i get cfselect to repopulate after database update?

Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a form with a cfselect generating a dropdown of Program Directors. I have a link near the dropdown to a page for adding Program Directors.

I want to be able to click the link, add a Program Director, then have the cfselect-generated dropdown in the form show the current list of Program Directors (including the one just added).

How can get the list of Program Directors in the dropdown show the new list of Program Directors without having to refresh the form (thus losing information already entered into the form)?

Thx

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google "javascript add option to select"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user will know the name of the Program Director, but will not know the ID field for record just inserted into the database for the Program Director. The ID will be submitted in the form submittal.

Is it possible to get the cfc to fire again, updating the ID / Program Director Name info in the dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the quick response, Dan!

My problem is not just needing to add to the dropdown the Program Director's name, but adding the ID / Name in the dropdown, where the user sees the Name but submits the ID when the form is submitted. And the user will not know the ID of the newly-added Program Director.

That is why I was hoping I could refresh the contents of the dropdown with the new ID / Name combination.

kentwva

(Alan) Kent Klemm (contractor)

Web Developer

National Human Genome Research Institute

E-mail: klemma@mail.nih.gov

Phone: (301) 451-8328

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

google "javascript pass to parent"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation