Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merchandise website / Online shopping

New Here ,
May 24, 2006 May 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I really need your help with this issue for I'm not familiar with it.

A client is asking for a page where customers can pay online using Visa/Master cards. I would like to have an introduction/brief/links of this topic that may help. Kindly note that I'm totally new to this.

Best regards
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your client needs a merchant bank account that accepts Visa/MasterCard. Next, you need an account with a service called a payment gateway, such as Authorize.net, Verisign, etc.

Once these are set up, you need create a form where you ask the user to submit card number, name on card, expiration date, etc. Once you have that information, you need to do a CFHTTP to the payment gateway URL and submit you data to it. You will receive a response in CFHTTP.FileContent that tells you if the payment was accepted. If so, display a receipt. If not, display an error message to the user.

You can learn more at http://www.authorize.net, http://www.verisign.com/ and http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/5.0/CFML_Reference/Tags47.htm#1632966

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks alot

Then the first step is to get a merchant bank account. Okay, my question is ... is the merchant bank account something that we can get by going to the bank and applying there or what exactly? and are there special requirements for merchant bank accounts ... or they are just as easy to get as other bank accounts?

Sorry for asking alot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are plenty of pre-built applications out there like www.cartweaver.com
to help streamline the process and already have support for several payment
gateways.

Bill

"ik_x0x" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
news:e51jmu$g31$1@forums.macromedia.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> I really need your help with this issue for I'm not familiar with it.
>
> A client is asking for a page where customers can pay online using
> Visa/Master
> cards. I would like to have an introduction/brief/links of this topic that
> may
> help. Kindly note that I'm totally new to this.
>
> Best regards
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merchant accounts are not much more complicated than opening a regular checking account. Bigger banks often have a service desk where they can help you with the payment gateway issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 25, 2006 May 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure that the merchant account is setup as an ecommerce account. Since this is something new to you, I would recommend looking aroound at the various pre-built shopping cart applications because the merchant account is only the first step -- next will be a gateway, API, SSL certificate, not to mention design and coding a shopping cart application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 25, 2006 May 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Aside from the merchant accounts, if you're serving from an ISP , check with them first - they will know everything about what is required and what they can offer "out of the box".

If the client is hosting on their own servers, then you need to shop around for a payment gateway provider. The provider will, once again, have detailed information, SDKs and support for you to use and follow regarding getting it all set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation