Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I wrap the HTML Code in RH 8?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use the HTML Code view of Robohelp 8 a lot. I've been trying to find a way to wrap the code to the window. Where is the option to enable that? I cant beleive an 800$ software doesnt have a "Wrap code to Window" feature, I mean Notepad has it!

Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that there is no wrap function for the HTML view because most users don't use it. What is more, if you use the WYSIWYG to create your content, RH does a good job at ensuring that the HTML when it is viewed is displayed in a singke screen. It follows good practice of indenting tags appropriately.

All this begs the question whether you are following the same standards or how you are addign the HTML content?

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presently I am using the WYSIWYG View. But as someone who knows his HTML, I would use the Code View anyday to speed things up. I appreciate that RH indents the code properly, actually thats the least it could do. I just cant get my head around Adobe not adding a code wrap feature. It doesnt need to be used by all the users for them to include the feature. Its just basic software philosophy (check out the freeware PSPad, if there's any doubts).

Personally it would help me a lot because I use RH on my laptop with a lower resolution and there I have to constantly scroll the code view to get to a peice of code hiding away from my window. It's become so frustrating that I am considering my options now.. Is there some way I can integrate a better editor into Robohelp?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Tools | Options | Associations, you can set third party HTML-editors. You can choose to open all files in that editor, or only specific files, based on the information in the tag <meta name="generator" content="Adobe RoboHelp 8" />. Another value for content will then force Robo to open the file in another editor.

If you add an external editor, you can allways choose to open any topic in that editor. Right click the Topic, choose Edit with and select your editor.

Two downsides:

1. The external editor is not completely integrated, you just open the topic in another program.

2. I found (in rh7 at least) that Robo will correctly process user defined variables, but you'll have to add Robo's code manually. I haven't tested what Robo will do with snippets, master pages, breadcrumb placeholders, etc. They may just stop functioning...

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd also suggest that you (and anyone else who wants it) submit a feature request to the Robohelp team at Adobe to get this feature added. They do listen to these sort of requests. Use this link.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp