Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot display pdf form with Adobe Reader 9.1.3

Level 2

Since the last update of my Reader (last version is 9.1.3), I can't display pdf form in the workspace. I got a blank page.

Is anybody have the same problem?

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I have the same problem too, I reported to the Help Desk and they said that common problem for version 9.1.3. While waiting to get it fixed, I have asked them to roll back to earlier version 9.1.2 and it works fine. If you got it fixed, please post here to share your tip. Thanks. Han

Level 2

open your acrobat or any pdf file on hard drive

go to edit->preferences

in the side bar click internet and make sure  all the check boxes ( display pdf in browser is enabled) are checked.

try if it works

Level 2

I checked and all checkboxes are checked.

We tried to update the reader to 9.2 version and the problem is still here.

Former Community Member

Have you found a solution to this yet?  I am seeing it with version 9.3.

Thanks,

John

Former Community Member

-  Go to the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Software > Adobe >Acrobat> delete any older version that is older than the one you just updated to make sure it contains only the current one you have for both Acrobat Reader and/or Pro version since it did not removed when you uninstall or update.

- Also go the installed directory where you installed the Acrobat and delete any folder that contains older version, same here with the registry, it did not remove when you uninstall/update acrobat reader or pro.

The above steps also solve the problem of can not open pdf file within Internet Explorer or browser as well.

Han

Level 3

I found two hit/miss workaround solutions.

#1:  When you get the blank white screen, simply hit the 'ALT' key.  Most of the time that seems to force the pdf to render to the screen.

#2:  Change the Internet Options to DESELECT 'Allow fast web view' and 'Allow speculate download..."  That worked on a couple of my machines.

But I still have not found a silver bullet answer.