Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing the Skin in Notepad

Oct 28, 2009 Oct 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For good reasons (foreign language work-around), I cannot edit my skin directly in RH.  Which WebHelp files (i.e., in whdata, whgdata or whxdata?) relate specifically to the skin?  For example, to edit a compiled index, I know that I can go to whidata.htm, etc.  Which file corresponds to the skin?  

Thanks very much.  I hope that question makes sense.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What do you mean with:

Which file corresponds to the skin?

The source files of the skin are in the !SkinsubFolder!, but that is before you compile the help. After that, there's no specific file that controls the skin, but several files work together. The Webhelp is basically a frameset with lots of files that make the bars and the help topic. The file you need to edit, depend on the effect you want to achieve.

A short (not complete) list of files:

whskin_frmset01.htm: controls the position and size of the navbar and the help topic

whskin_mbars.htm: controls the top buttons

whtdhtml: the TOC

whi*.htm: the index (there are three files working together with several js files, of which whihost.js and whutils.js are the most important for skinning)

whf*.htm: the search (also with several script files)

whg*.htm: the glossary (idem dito)

The opening file of your project (for skinning to set the height and position of the button bar and the navpane & topics (grouped together in this file).

and so on...

So the question is: What do you want to change?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this very useful information.

I am trying to add custom buttons (Print and Previous Page).  I have it working in another project, so I can compare the files between the two if I know which files to compare.

I am also trying to delete one index keyword.  I deleted its reference from whidataX.htm but there must be other pointers, because that didn't make it go away.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp