Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restricting go to the next slide

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

If anybody knows how to restrict go to the next slide? For example, we have a slide and we want to be sure that a person studies this slide till the end (listens to the all narration and looks through all the animation). And only afterwards allow him to go further.

Thanks in advance!

Kate 

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can make use of a button object. It is available in menu item Insert > Standard Object > Button

- Button object dialog launches. Go to Options tab

- Set the Appear after time such that the button appears once the slide narration and contents are displayed.

- Go to Button tab

- Set the On success option to go to next slide

Thus this button will appear only when complete slide audio is narrated. Clicking on the button will take the user to next slide.

Also you will see a playbar in you final movie. You can remove the playbar by going to menu item

Project > Skin Editor > uncheck Show playback control

Hope this helps.

Regards,

mukul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This option I know.

But I want to know how to make it when the button is shown on the screen, but not active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kate

I did this in some of my earliest Captivate projects.

You would insert an image of the button. Have that visible. The user could click it, sure, but it would be dead. I might even suggest you create a "Disabled" view of the button. Then stage the live button to appear after a certain time has elapsed.

Of course you would also want to hide the playback controls for this slide (if you are using them)

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Really simple and an effective way!

We will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Captiv8r,

This way you have to add a button to every slide manually. Is there a way in Captivate6 to add these buttons one time for all slides? (The slides have a different length)

Thank you,

Christophe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Christophe,

In CP6 you can use shape buttons. Contrary to normal buttons those can be put on master slides or being timed for the rest of the project.

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/why-i-like-shape-buttons-captivate-6

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works!!! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources