Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide Search Tab

Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to suppress the display of the Search tab in a WinHelp 2000 project?  I'm using RH 7.0 for Word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard.

It has been awhile since I did any WinHelp work but I think you should be able to do this via the DisableButton startup macro. Take a look at this macro under the Button category.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Andrew.  It appears to me that macro and its companions, CreateButton, EnableButton, etc., apply to Help buttons only, not tabs:

DisableButton WinHelp macro

DisableButton("button-id")

The DisableButton macro grays out a button added with the CreateButton macro if the EnableButton macro has not yet been executed.

Parameter Description

button-id The identifier assigned to the button by the CreateButton macro. The button identifier must be enclosed in quotation marks.

Also, the RoboHelpExShowNavPane macro looked promising, but it hides the entire navigation pane, not an individual tab, and takes no parameters:

RoboHelpExShowNavPane WinHelp macro

RoboHelpExShowNavPane()

This macro provides the functionality for the WinHelp 4 Explorer view – including the show/hide feature for the navigation pane.

RoboHelp automatically places this macro in the Startup Macros section (Project tab, Project folder Startup Macros folder) of your help project whenever you select this feature.

Parameters

None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp