4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2006 4:02 PM by jedale

Manually sorting a combobox

jedale Level 1
      I am wondering if anybody has ever written any code to manually sort items in a combobox? I wanted to let users sort the items in the order they want to view them once submitted to word. I have an idea on how I would make one but I just thought that maybe somebody else already has.

Thanks for you time
      Jeff
        • 1. Re: Manually sorting a combobox
          SteveBryant Level 1
          Jeff,

I have actually seen a lot of those around. Try a search for "JavaScript sort combobox" or somesuch and you should find plenty. Keep in mind, however, that this approach requires your user to have JavaScript enabled.
          • 2. Re: Manually sorting a combobox
            jedale Level 1
            I forgot to mention that I was looking for code in actionscript that did this. Javascript would help as a refrence though.

Thanks
            Jeff
            • 3. Re: Manually sorting a combobox
              jedale Level 1
              So far I got some code to work for a single Combobox instance. Does anybody know how to modify the code to do multiple Comboboxes on one page. I tried to do this but currently I am at a loss as to why it doesn't work. The code I made is almost done except for this small glitch. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
              Jeff

.......I know that I need to generalized the sort.text variable but haven't done it yet because it's useless unless I fix the first problem........
              • 4. Re: Manually sorting a combobox
                jedale Level 1
                Just figured it out use the following to correct this issue:

Sortlist:mx.controls.List Instead of Sortlist:mx.controls.ComboBox

I wasn't aware that the controls change once you put multiple rows on a select box