Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

?How do I auto add text fields as they are filled up?

Level 2

Ok, not sure how well I phrased the discussion question. I'm creating a pdf document where the user enters certain informaiton in different text fields. Some times more or less information is needed. When there isn't much info one line is just fine but other times 2 or more lines may be necesary. Is there a way to have the form dynamically create another line below the first once the entered text no longer fits and then push the extra text and cursor to the new line?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Don't use the caption on the object but a separate Text object that you can put where you want ...Or  in the Font palette align the caption at the top....make sure you select caption only ...highlighted.

Capture1.png

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Former Community Member

First things first, if you want to get more than one line in a field you must make it a multiline field. There is a checkbox on the Object palette that controls this. Second, the field can dynamically grow to fit the content (pushing the content below further down the page). This can be done by making the root subform Flowed and setting the Expand to fit in the Y direction on the Layout palette. When the user fills the field they can enter in as mush text as they want. If they go beyond the visible area the scroll bars will appear while they type the information. Once the user leaves the field then the field will expand to fit the text.

Paul

Level 2

This isn't quite what I was looking for. The "text field" that I'm working with has a caption that due to how I want the format of the document to look I need the caption to be at the same height as the first line of text beside it, and all preceding lines to be located below the line of the caption. Is there a way to do this?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Don't use the caption on the object but a separate Text object that you can put where you want ...Or  in the Font palette align the caption at the top....make sure you select caption only ...highlighted.

Capture1.png

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----