• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders not in PM POD? RH8

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am building multiple projects that we will merge shortly. A team mate with minimal RH training is working on the last project. Her task was to index the topics I have imported and the make folders for the new imports that I have been preparing externally.

Now there are a number of new folders that correspond to the new tree we made for the material. This portion is a Knowledgebase.

I can see the folders in Explorer and in the Topic list, but not in the PM view. As A result I am unable to import any topics to their folders. The folders to all have the .fpi files in them so I know RH made them. I cannot delete them either from Explorer.

Perhaps someone knows where I need to tweak RH so the folders show in the PM Pod, allowiing imports?

Thx!

Ed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed

Are you certain that the "folders" were created on the physical media?

I ask because sometimes folks consider building a TOC to be arranging into Folders of sorts and they are surprised when the physical structure of the files and project doesn't mirror the TOC they so carefully arranged.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Call RHWiz!

Indeed the folders exist in the TOC pod and in the project folder, but not in the PM pod. Is there a way to get them into the PM, or should I just delete them from the TOC and start over again?

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed

Hmmm, well I suppose I might try first closing the project in RoboHelp, deleting the ProjectName.CPD file and re-opening the project. Sometimes that cures a world of ills. See where you get with that.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No cigar this time, RHWiz.  I deleted a TOC entry, closed the project and then used explorer to delete the folder from the project.

However, when RH opened project again, it RECREATED the deleted folder!  If there is no way to do this within the system, I suspect that I will have to recreate the project.  Bummer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, you misunderstood me.

You cannot delete TOC entries and expect them to have any effect on your project structure.

Think of the TOC as you would a web page with many different links to other web pages. You can delete the links all day long but that doesn't delete the pages you are linking to, does it?

What I said to try deleting was the ProjectName.CPD file. (CPD means Cache Project Database) When RoboHelp restarts and it sees the CPD has gone walkabout, it bakes up a fresh one. This action sometimes clears a multitude of issues.

If you are deleting a folder and RoboHelp is insisting on re-creating it, you most likely have some reference somewhere in your project that is expecting to find this folder. Your goal in this case is to determine exactly where that reference exists.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick et. al.

I think I know what happened. I will report this as a bug. I recreated the project a 2nd time. I built the complete folder structure before importing any topics. As soon as I imported the first 5 topics into the first folder, ALL the other folders seemed to disappear. When I clicked to ProjSetup view, I saw that they dropped down to ID-maps.This is clearly a bug!

Then, I deleted all the bogus ID maps and continued to build the folders as I went along. Currently, I have over 300 topics imported with no further folder issues.

Cheers!

Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These symptoms sound depressingly familar, last week several of use were having problems with RH projects being corrupted.

The CPD file was affetced by some unknown update rippling through my pc. One answer we're testing noiw is to set RoboHELP to alway re-build CPD on opening project located in RoboHELP main menu under Tools | Options. Try this setting using a recent clean backup as a possible solution.

See also posts from last week on RoboHelp persistent crash

Hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact issue and it appears to happen after I updated all of my Adobe products.  I have tried on several machines and the issue reappears.  As soon as the clean backup loads you seen the files and folder dissapear from the Project Manager.  Some files were actually removed from the project directory.  I am going to attempt a reinstall and not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what we did to overcome ...

1. First set your RoboHELP to rebuild CPD on opening a project using Tools | Options menu

2. Obtain a recent clean backup copy and open it

OR if xpj is damaged, open the .hhp file instead of the xpj and then save the project.

The main issue here seems to be that something unkown is corrupting the projects in RH. We also tried re-installing RH and also tested on other machines to no avail.

However, once the re-build cpd thing was set we've (touch wood) had no further problems. What I should really say here is there's probably been no end of problems but RH is now configured to cope with them???

We've reported this to Adobe and stated that we regard this a bit of s showstopper to such an extent that we may consider using alternative packages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked....I had to bring in my old TOC hhc file and my old AIR ssl.  One issue that I am still having is the search functionality in AIR ssl is broken.  Not sure if this is caused by a similar update issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it did appear to work.  I still have one folder that will not appear.  I had one folder designated for images.  It is still in the file directory just not in the Project Manager.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is now three threads in which you have asked about the search issue.

Would anyone else wanting to help Will with the Search problem please do so in the AIR Help forum at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/516929?tstart=0

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the "images" problem, recreate the folder in Project Manager and you will find the images suddenly start appearing again under the folder. See Opening Projects on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you....however, during the creation of the new folder RH crashed.  Reopened the project and now the folder is there with some of the images, not all.  Any way to force a refresh of the folder.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp