• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged Projects

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to use the Merging Webhelp from Peter Grange's site and I'm not understanding step 3.  Am I supposed to create a COMPLETELY new project titled Child 1 & Child 2? It says this project is created in it's own folder within the "projects" folder... is this the "projects" folder of the Parent folder?  At this point I have 3 projects titled Parent, Child 1, Child 2?

Also one more question.  By creating a "master" project does this mean the child projects can be authored independently from each other?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you download the demo, you will see exactly how I have structured things. I've only known it completely wipe someone's hard disk a couple of times.

The article on the reasons for merging explains that different authors can work on different projects without needing source control.

Hope that helps. If not post back and I will look in the morning.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I successfully recreated the folder structure, but as you can see my TOC's aren't showing up and I have a window within a window.  What now?

untitled.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've linked to the start page instead of the default topic.

See if fixing that recovers the TOCs but doubt it. You have created a TOC in eac project?

I'm about to log off but will see any further post in the morning.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say I've linked, are you talking about when I generate? or the redirect on the First topic in the Parent project? I have a feeling it's the redirect on the first topic. Which file should I be attaching the first topic of the child?  I completely confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are redirecting to the start page so you get that, the three panes within the topic pane. Redirect the default topic of that child project and you will be OK.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out...now let's see if I can do it again! 😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp