• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Documentation missing links and target topics

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am authoring WebHelp using RH HTML 8.  I have several links whose targets are topics which open in a separate frame or as a popup.  When I generate Printed Documentation, none of these links or their target topics are included in the printed document.  I have manually added these topics to the TOC, even though their inclusion does not fit well, and I have expanded the TOC depth (all of the target topics have a H3 heading).  Neither of these produced results.

The print documentation is used primarily for the convenience of my reviewers.  As it is, they are not seeing the total product and cannot be effectively reviewing the online help.

I would appreciate any suggestions/other input from the community about this problem and its solution.

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at my Printed Documentation article. It needs updating for RH8 but the principles are still good.

The TOC is only the default for printed documentation the first time you generate it. Thereafter you can do what you like to the TOC and it does not automatically change the print contents. That is by design and for good reason. In your case you did not have stuff in the TOC that you wanted in the print content so you can add it there without adding it to the TOC.

Take a look and post back if still stuck.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I'll read it this afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp