• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Branch target offset too large for short - using CFThread

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just starting to get into using CFThread.  I have a process I am working on to allow clients to order background reports on multiple applicants simultaneously.  I am doing this using CFThread.  Through some trial and error I discovered that I needed to var scope the variables that are used in the CFC's that do the bulk of the report processing.  As soon as I did that I started getting the error "                                                                                                                                                      Branch target offset too large for short". Everything I have read on this error basically says I have too much code in the CFC which doesn't make sense as I am using this CFC in several other places in the site without error.  The problem only occured after var scoping my variables in the CFC and them sticking that CFC inside a CFTHread tag.

Has only one seen anything like this before?

Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't seen it, no.

Can you revert to your un-VARed code, and then re-VAR the variables one by one, retesting between each, and see if a specific one gives you the error?

I don't know what this might tell you, but it might help focus where to look.

NB: you should be VARing your variables within functions as a matter of course, not simply in situations in which the code is being called via <cfthread>.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Difficult to say without seeing the code. Did you set the attribute output="false" for cfcomponent and cffunction? Could we see the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation