Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Rewind" button

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I wanna make an "Rewind" button in my Captivate 4 project. How to do it?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try clicking Insert > Standard Objects > Button.

You then program the button to Jump to slide 1.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t want to programm it to jump to the slide 1. I want that this button would make the slide to play again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Ahhh, things are a bit clearer now that you have refined what you really want to accomplish! (Apologies for missing the mark earlier, my crystal ball wasn't working as well as it normally does.)

Are you using Captivate 4? If you are, you could construct an Advanced Action that would move the playhead back to the beginning of the slide. You could then insert a Button or Click Box and when the user clicks it, replay the slide.

Or, (and this would work for all Captivate versions) you would insert a really super short slide immediately before the slide you wish to replay. Time it for perhaps .1 seconds. Then program a Button or Click Box to simply go to the previous slide. The net result is that the previous slide would load, play for .1 seconds and the slide you were on would replay.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2009 Dec 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

I'm trying to build a training package that uses voice over and graphics, so being able to rewind and replay the slide the user has just viewed would be brillliant - I don't really want to add short blanks screens, but the idea of building and Advanced Action would be a perfect solution - barring one problem I dont have a clue how to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you could offer some advice or point me in the right direction to find out I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wonder if this is essentially what you are looking for....

This reference is 'do it yourself' but if this is what you are looking for, I might be able to could create a replay slide button for you (based on this actionscript code)... I am sure it will be useful for me someday as well.

http://elearninglive.com/wordpress/2008/08/how-to-non-linear-navigation-in-captivate-using-rdcmndgot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shawn

Thanks for your response - to be honest I'm not sure that if that is what I need. I'm new to Captivate and essentially I am a video editor/graphics designer and I've decided to venture into e-learning, so although I've made good progress with Captivate the last time I did anything like this was several years ago when I built a sort of e-learning programme in Director.

What I'd like to be able to do is when a slide has played I want to give the user the opportunity to review that page again if they didn't understand the content. Going back to the previous slide is fine in most cases, but I'm using voice over on most pages and forcing them to sit through two slides seems a bit counter productive and not really an ideal way to keep their attention.

If you think you could help out that would be fantastic any help would certainly be appreciated. In the meantime I'm going to pester adobe to get them to consider this option as a standard option!

Again thanks for responding

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Hello,

The solution offered by Rick in a previous posting is the most simple: if the previous slide is very short (0.1sec p.e.) the user wouldn't even notice that there was a 'branching'.

If you want to go with an Advanced action, I'd recommend that you have a look at the Tutorial on Scripting, situated in the chapter 'Variables and Advanced Actions' in the CP4 Help (suppose you use CP4?). The system variable you'll probably need is 'rdcmndGotoFrameAndResume'.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources