• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp8 - hyperlinks to files stop working

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created webhelp output and and confirmed that the hyperlinks in various forms (file, url, etc) work correctly when viewed in IE servered over the network. When I save the same files to my local HD and try to test the same links, they will not work. FYI - All linked files are saved in the appropriate project folder locally and the paths are correct.. Does anyone know what I have to do to optimize the output for local use?

I plan to deliver a number of help systems to users via self extracting zip (.exe) with a main launch page containing links to each system.

Thank you for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2009 Oct 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are using Internet Exploder, likely it's Mark Of The Web (MOTW) inhibiting the links. Try FireFox and I'll bet they link right up!

You may certainly disable the MOTW inclusion in the SSL properties, but if you do this, when you run locally you will have to deal with IE's pesky YIB (Yellow Information Bar).

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, that worked for some pdf links but not all.

The links work when served over a network, but don't open the linked documents when opened locally.

Any other ideas?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The fact the links work from the server but not locally seems to suggest you are using IE and have generated the help with MOTW enabled.

You are saying that you have turned off MOTW and the links still fail? Do they fail in IE or in FF or both? If you say IE only, did you encounter the YIB? If so, did you acknowledge and enable operation so you see your pretty skin and all?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes, I turned off MOTW on both test projects and that solved the problem in one project but not the other. I have tried recreating the hyperlink and deleting and re-publishing the content.

Our corporate browser platform is IE6

I'm using the default skin only at this point.

I appreciate the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out what's happening here.

It was all the MOTW and re-creating a couple links.

Thank you for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp