• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Cross-References

New Here ,
May 22, 2006 May 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently discovered that some of my cross-references have disappeared from several of my projects. After performing several tests, I have discovered that RH has an issue with the index keyword being referenced. If I rename the keyword (by appending a number to it), the cross-reference shows up in the index. The cross-references used to work and I can't figure out why RH has decided that it won't display cross-references for the following type of keyword: CompanyName ProductName. If anybody has any insight on this, please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: The index keyword that I am trying to cross-refernce is off the root of the index. However, it turns out that there is an index subkeyword with the same name. Any help on how to resolve this issue would still be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update II: It turns out that the index subkeyword with the same name has been excluded from the compiled help through the use of conditional build tags. This behavior is intentional. hmmm, I'm starting to think that I've run into a bug with RH...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jose S

Just so I can keep this straight in my own little mind...

You post with an issue related to Index keywords and cross referencing. Then you determine that it's probably related to the use of sub keywords. Then you conclude that you are using Build Tagging to exclude terms and the behavior is intentional. But you call it a bug?

Confused in Missouri... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sorry about the confusion. I meant that I was intentionally excluding the topic associated with the subkeyword from the compiled help file. The RH developers and testers probably didn't take that type of scenario into account. So, I guess I am going to have to live with this issue. As a workaround, I decided to use a different naming convention for the subkeywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp