Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

First component in name com/adobe/formServer/FormServer not found.

Level 2

Hi all,

I've run through a fresh full installation of Adobe Livecycle ES with Reader Extensions.  I'm running into difficulty when attempting to render a form however.  I'm getting an error that seems to indicate that the forms server is either not installed or it cannot find it.  I've re-deployed the ES again just to make sure that I'm not missing anything, but I received the same error.  I've followed the prep guides along with the installation guides for WAS.  ES has been deployed on WAS 6.1.0.27.  If anyone has any possible ideas on this I'd be open to suggestions.

Error is below.

Caused by: com.adobe.formServer.interfaces.RenderFormException: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: server30Node01Cell/nodes/server30Node01/servers/server1, name: ejb/com/adobe/formServer/FormServer: First component in name com/adobe/formServer/FormServer not found. [Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0]
    at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.renderForm(EJBClient.java:357)
    at com.cgi.seforms.server.renderform.RenderForm.getForm(RenderForm.java:184)
    ... 19 more
    Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: server30Node01Cell/nodes/server30Node01/servers/server1, name: ejb/com/adobe/formServer/FormServer: First component in name com/adobe/formServer/FormServer not found. [Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0]
    ... 21 more
    Caused by: org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.ipcos.WsnOptimizedNamingImpl.handleNameNotFound(WsnOptimizedNamingImpl.java:2257)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.ipcos.WsnOptimizedNamingImpl.getNextWsnOptimizedNamingContext(WsnOptimizedNamingImpl.java:1453)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.cosbase.WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.getTargetContext(WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.java:4396)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.cosbase.WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase$LeafOperationData.(WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.java:5012)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.cosbase.WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.resolve_complete_info(WsnOptimizedNamingImplBase.java:2207)
    at com.ibm.WsnOptimizedNaming._NamingContextStub.resolve_complete_info(_NamingContextStub.java:536)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.cosResolve(CNContextImpl.java:4375)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1905)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.doLookup(CNContextImpl.java:1866)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookupExt(CNContextImpl.java:1556)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.jndicos.CNContextImpl.lookup(CNContextImpl.java:1358)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:172)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:363)
    at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.doGetCachedEJB(EJBClient.java:293)
    at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.getCachedEJB(EJBClient.java:257)
    at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.doRenderForm(EJBClient.java:465)
    at com.adobe.formServer.client.EJBClient.renderForm(EJBClient.java:340)

4 Replies

Level 2

In addition to the above.  I'm doing a migration from 7.x to ES and I'm attempting to do a fresh install rather than use the old adobe ear files from the 7.x installation.

Former Community Member

Form Server has nothing to do with Reader Extensions (you must be running an orchestration that uses a Forms Call then a RE call). Lets validate that each component is installed correctly. Can you open the Reader Extensions UI and apply rights to a file?

Use this URL to get to the UI:

http://servername:portNUmber/ReaderExtensions

Note that you will need the rights to log in .....use administrator for now.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  I was hoping to do a fresh installation, but due to the time constaints I'm under I needed to get this thing up and running right away so I re-ran the configuration manager using the upgrade option from 7.x and everything is now working fine.  I suspect the addition of the compatibility layer has something to do with things working.

I suspect to get things rolling on a clean install I'll need to send our custom code back to developers.  For now everything is working great.

Level 2

Redeployed ES using the upgrade from 7.x options.