Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 HTML Intermittent Hourglass

Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I have upgraded from RH7 HTML to RH8 HTML I have experienced nothing but problems.  Currently, I accessed my project, it states "ready" but my when I try to access my topics (under Project Manager) to edit I'm not able to do so because of an hourglass that displays.  As soon as I "attempt" to do something the hourglass appears....when I sit to "wait it out" it disappears.  What on earth is the cause of this?  I have been at work for the past 1 1/2 hours and am still "waiting it out"...unable to access my topics!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be related to a problem in another thread.

Create a zip copy of the project as a backup. Rename the project CPD and then reopen the project. When it is open, check everything is good. Also go to Tools > Reports > Unused Files and make sure that none of your topics show there.

If there are problems, post back. Keep that zip safe.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...I'll try that and report back to you!  Thanks for the prompt reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...I did that and now I am missing several file folders from the project, I have a whole slew of broken links and the unused files is far from being empty.  I had someone help me with this and he copied and renamed the folder.  I also had noticed that prior to doing anything I committed my project to SVN and there were several files that were deleting (none that I did on my own at any point).  So we reverted back to an older commit date.  Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are going to have to rebuild the project the hard way. See Opening Projects on my site. Looks like you will be following the Using the HHP section.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp