• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering Hourglass/Arrow and Deleted Files (RH8; WebHelp)

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Friday, I made a lot of changes to a relatively large project, and left for the weekend. This morning (2:00 am or so) I planned to make some small updates to the project and then publish for our users today.

My hourglass flickered for 10 - 15 minutes between hourglass and arrow, and when I next looked, three folders of topics were missing - one with critical screen prints.

I could not access topics or folders.  I could not close the project.  I could not save the project.  I could not import said missing files.  And, as you may have guessed, when I displayed/previewed my content, my screen print icon (a clever little camera ditty) had no content and displayed an error:

RunttimeError.png

I oepn my project with all the folders and topics I need, and lose once I display / preview only one topic.

Start of Project (After Opening and Prior to Displaying)

PreOpen.png

After Previewing the Files

PostOpen.png

Hum...

I tested the time change theory and that doesn't seem to be my issue.  Could this have something to do with the Time Change issue posted by EGinM about 3 hours ago (9:30 CST) today?  It made some difference, but did not solve my issue.  I haven't lost the files (yet).

I renamed the .cpd file and had no success.

Seems that everytime I move the cursor, I get an hour glass.

I'm about out of ideas.  Any help?

Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever receive an answer on this as I'm currently experiencing the same exact thing but have not found a resolution to my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using RH HTML, see that forum category. There are several threads on this. You will see I have replied to a number of them.

Here's one.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2361763#2361763

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it working thanks to a colleague and a bit of searching:

“I then tried another method of opening the project as described on my site, renaming the CPD and then opening the project using the HHP file. This time no missing folders and files, so no missing links, and the project can now be opened via the XPJ file.

If you double click the HHP, you should see things start to happen. First you will be told there is an XPJ to which you say you don't want to use it.

OR:  opening RH8 and browsing to the HHP worked fine.

Straight from a post from Peter G.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp