Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from RH6 to RH7 - table of contents difference

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -
I created a project in RH6 and I upgraded to RH7. I made a copy of the project and opened in RH7 and the table of contents is not the same as the one created in RH6. It's missing books I created. Can anyone tell me what I might be able to do to get the TOC exactly as I had created? Is there a file that I can copy that contains this information form my RH6 project?

I have both verions of the software on my desktop but I only run/open 1 version open at a time. Not sure if that has anything to do it with it but thought I 'd mention it.

Thanks in advance -

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manola

Assuming you are using RoboHelp HTML, behind the scenes the Table of Contents (TOC) exists as a file that uses the same name as your project, but with a file extension of .HHC. You could try copying the .HHC file from the old location to the new and see what happens.

Normally RoboHelp just uses or points at the same .HHC when you upgrade. So your situation is very curious to say the least.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you purchase a full RH7 licence or an upgrade? If you only purchased an upgrade, then you are not entitled to continue using RH6 and it may well be the install has not gone correctly as a result.

Not sure but we have seen an instance with an earlier version where someone only purchased the upgrade and it affected things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2008 Jul 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick and Peter. We did purchase an upgrade only and I have removed RH 6 from my desktop. I was able to open the project in RH 7 and I do have the table of contents now.

However, now I can not open any topic. Each topic has a red x on the icon next to the name. Can I fix this and how would I do it?

Again, thanks for your help getting me this far.

Manola

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2008 Jul 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You needed to uninstall both and then just install RH7.

Red X where? TOC, Project Manager?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try uninstalling both also. Thanks. The red x is both on the TOC and Project Manager under the Broken Links folder.

I can generate and view all topics but none of the graphics are visible. I also noticed that I do not have any project Files except one which is fine, I can see and edit it. The only folder that has files in it is the Broken Links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sounds like the CPD might need to be renamed before you reopen the project.

Try the reinstall first, then the rename. Then post back what the status then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp