Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

meaning of WebHelp subdirectory files?

Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  Is there any reference anywhere to discover the meaning of each of the whdata, whgdata and whxdata files in WebHelp?

Here's why I ask:

I am trying to remove an index keyword without opening the project in RH7.  (Long story, but it's an Asian-language translation, which has proven very fragile in RH7.)  I want to make one small fix without opening (and recompiling, and therefore breaking) the entire project.  So, I am making the fix directly to the WebHelp files.  I thought I'd found the keyword and removed it in one of the whidata.htm files, but it still shows up in the displayed Help system.  There must be other pointers to it somewhere, but it's like a needle in a haystack for me, since I don't know where all the index references are.  Same goes for ToC.

I hope this is clear.  Any ideas are most appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a table in the online help!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep in mind, for the future, that RH does a re-balancing of all those wh* files each time you generate/publish an update of the output. (Keeping those files smaller improves download performance, but not only does it add more files as needed, but "spreads around" the links.)

That is, what was in whgdata\whlstfl19.htm (19 of 19) the last time you generated might now be split between whlstfl12.htm, whlstfl11.htm, whlstfl18.htm, even a new whlstfl20.htm! And, of course, links to those files are modified as well.

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp