• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Mapping / ID

Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am new with RoboHelp 8 HTML. I make the output via layout "webhelp".

I want to solve the following problem:

Is it possible to configurate the layout files to get this situation, here an example:

I have one site "index.htm", then to other sites "site1.htm" and "site2.htm. Now i want to have ankers on this both sites,

so when i open the index.htm like this "index.htm#anker2 that this point will direct be shown.

I have tried today many configurations, for example, testing with "RoboHelp_CSH.js", but i was not able start the site

with directly shown the anker.

This is how the file "Test.ali" looks:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<aliaslist version="1.0">
     <alias name="anker1" link="site1.htm">
     </alias>
     <alias name="anker2" link="site2.htm">
     </alias>
</aliaslist>

This is how the file "WidgetMax.h" looks:

#define anker1 1
#define anker2 2

Can anybody please tell me what steps are necessesary to solve this problem? Is it general possible?

Thanks for any help!

Nice day!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Im not sure what you want to accomplish. You say you want to open a file using #. Later you talk about WigetMax.h which suggest you are using map id's. I think you may have file opening, map id's and topic id's mixed up.

Start by reading the article on Peter's site: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

If you have any questions after reading, please post back.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thanks for your answer. I have read this article more then twice, but unfortunately it didn' t work. I will try to describe my problem more exactly:

We will start the htmlHelp in our application with "F1". In our applcation is an ID given (for example 10).

Now i want to open the help site at this position where the "10" is mapped with!

This part of the article is helpful, but it doesn' t work:

The basics are:

1. In the web page from which you want to call the help topic, add the following to the head section

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="context-WebHelp/RoboHelp_CSH.js">

If the help is being called from an application, your developers will need to implement a similar call.
  2. In the body, your link will look like this

<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "context-WebHelp/startpage.htm>Mainwindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 10)'>

Our application is not a web page, so where we have to add this

<script type="text/javascript" language=JavaScript1.2 src="context-WebHelp/RoboHelp_CSH.js">

and where this? (I think this has to be the call from our application)

<A HREF='javascript:RH_ShowHelp(0, "context-WebHelp/startpage.htm>Mainwindow", HH_HELP_CONTEXT, 10)'>

Thanks for any answers!

Michi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You want to call the webhelp, but from a program and not from a web page. The javascript and the a href components are designed for webpages.

In the map %RH install%\CSH API\ you find different files for different programming languages. Use the API that is meant for your program. Your programmers have to make the call.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp