• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8.0.1 patch released

Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to see what is in RoboHelp 8.0.1 before you install it? http://bit.ly/2T4uwm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this patch will not address the missing topics issues and cpd bloat problems - is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. This problem manifested itself in recent days and I am sure you will understand the patch had been closed before that to allow testing and suchlike.

I have posted elsewhere that this recent problem is being investigated.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we get it......the Update option in the help menu on RH is greyed out.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is greyed out, it means you do not have admin rights. You need to get IT to apply those rights while you update.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We are in the middle of evaluating the TCS2 with a major component for us being RoboHelp 8. We have had a lot of the issues noted in the patch. Do you know if we can download and apply the patch to an trial copy of the TCS2? Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd have thought so. Just use the Help > Updates menu item inside RH8.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow me @robocolumn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trials can be patched.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up RH8 and looked under the Update option. They are all greyed out. I have admin rights to this computer. So I'm not sure what the deal is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ and pick up the patch from

there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the patch and now ROBO will not open at all.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the link that Jeff provided does not yet have the patch included on it. The only way to get hold of the patch is currently via the Help > Updates menu item. If you have "downloaded" the patch was it via this method? If it wasn't, ensure you have applied the correct patch.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow me @robocolumn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - it looks like they still need to build a RoboHelp 8.0 section on that page before they can post the 8.0.1 patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colum. That seems to be working. At least so far. I was looking under the File ~ Update option~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I downloaded via the Help - Updates and now the project will not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp