• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Horizontal Template to Vertical RH 7

Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm wanting to just move the TOC in a horizontal template to the top to make it vertical. What files do i need to edit? I couldn't find a similar topic or relevant information. The skin I'm using is Titanium in RH 7.

Forgive me if this is a repeat or blatantly obvious.

Regards,

Eric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Hi,

Open whskin_frmset01.htm in your output directory. Use find and replace to replace all instances of 'cols' with 'rows', there are nine occurences.

Then, go to line 109 and replace 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetWidth;' with 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetHeight;'

Last, go to line 111 and replace 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetHeight;' with 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetWidth;'

Save your file and paste it in every ouput you want a vertical TOC.

You can also set the size of the TOC in whskin_frmse

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not sure what you want to do. Do you want to move the TOC so it's positioned above the topic? Please be a more specific.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I want to move the TOC above the topic.

Regards,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Open whskin_frmset01.htm in your output directory. Use find and replace to replace all instances of 'cols' with 'rows', there are nine occurences.

Then, go to line 109 and replace 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetWidth;' with 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetHeight;'

Last, go to line 111 and replace 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetHeight;' with 'nPos=oWnd.document.body.offsetWidth;'

Save your file and paste it in every ouput you want a vertical TOC.

You can also set the size of the TOC in whskin_frmset01.htm. there are several instances of 220,* (or another value than 220) in the file. Replace all instances of 220 with height you want the TOC to have.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks!

Regards,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The change was well received by the team. Is there an easy way to have the contents collapsed when the help first starts?

Thanks again,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric

One way to do that is to configure a topic that isn't actually part of the TOC to be the default topic. As there will be no corresponding TOC node to expand and synchronize with, the TOC should not be expanded.

Note that if you are using Section 508, I believe that TOC is fully expanded. No way around that I am aware of.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a good idea, but the topics are all context sensitive so I want them to be associated with the TOC.

Thanks,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

It would seem to be an easy task to create a single topic to use for this purpose. Perhaps it would simply contain an image of the company logo or whatever.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp