Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web & Devices Box Greyed Out

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to save a Photoshop CS4 file for Web & Devices so I can have Photoshop compile the slices and the CSS so I can hand-design rollovers. Unfortunately, all of a sudden the dialogue box for Save For Web & Devices is greyed out... I've check online, changed color profiles, deleted save for web and devices library files, updated Photoshop, nothing. I've even checked past .psds I've designed that I've saved for Web & Devices and haven't changed since--even the Web & Devices box is greyed out for them. Help! What do I do? I need to do this before Friday. Thank you!

WebsiteInDistress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your ducument color depth and mode. It must be 8bit RGB.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFW will convert to 8bit (and to working RGB space / sRGB?). I wonder if this isn't a custom SFW key command issue. Or even just a PS pref issue. OP doesn't state that he explicitly reset them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it's 8bit RGB. No settings changed or anything. North American General Purposes 2 color profile. Ah! What's wrong?

Edit: I've just opened Photoshop, started a new file ensuring it was sRGB 8bit and Save for Web & Devices was still greyed out. Save for Web and Devices is not greyed out for files in Adobe Illustrator, though it is greyed out with Photoshop. Unfortunately, I need to be able to do this in Photoshop as Adobe Illustrator shrinks the files. I need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your PS prefs. Hold down command-option-shift as / when you launch PS. Be sure you get the confirmation dialogue box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, but I did it and it didn't work. I've tried this a couple times. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you got the confirmation message to show preferences were reset but the problem still exists? - - - or are you saying that you cannot confirm preferences were reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm saying I successfully deleted the preferences, yet the problem still exists. Furthermore, when I click the Adobe Bridge icon at the top left of Photoshop, it gives me an error message "Could not complete your request because Photoshop was unable to find the Javascript plug-in." What does this mean? I know Bridge is not related to the Save for Web & Devices thing, but maybe this just means my Photoshop somehow got screwed up. Should I reinstall/repair photoshop? What's the deal? Ahhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution: I reinstalled Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2010 Feb 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue, it was after I installed a scanner twain that over

wrote my import-export plugins.  I pulled a save for web plugin from my photoshop cs3 plugins and whola, it was available again.  Not sure why your plugin went bad, but this might be worth a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your plug-ins folder (Applications > Adobe Photoshop CS4 > Plug-ins > Import-Export)

If you are missing the "Save for Web.plugin" that is the reason why it is grayed out.

If you have a friend with CS4, just ask them to email you that plugin file, put it in the "Import-Export" folder. Restart Photoshop after copying the file, open up your working file, and it will work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I'm also having the same problem with the Save for Web & Devices Box Greyed Out.

I think it's the plugin that's corrupt,  as I've tried deleting preferences and seetings. I can't find the photoshop cd to  reinstall it.

Has anyone got the MAC CS4 Photoshop "save for web  plugin" (Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Plugins/Adobe Save for Web CS4/Photoshop/Adobe Save for Web CS4 Prefs) that they could send me.

Thanks very much

Abi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines