1 2 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2010 6:23 AM by 891782134

ADDT and PHP 5.3.x project

viktor.iwan

Hello all, as 'abandon' user of ADDT... i hope we can together make ADDT compatible for future release of PHP.

Currently PHP 5.3 our main 'enemy'.

The 'patch' that i summarized far from other thread:

1. function split() found in:

- includes\common\lib\file\KT_File.class.php
      - includes\common\lib\file_upload\KT_FileUpload.class.php
      - includes\common\lib\folder\KT_Folder.class.php
      - includes\common\lib\image\KT_Image.class.php

occurences found: one instance per file

possible fix: try replacing with preg_split()

2. function mysql_escape_string() found in:

- includes\common\lib\db\KT_FakeRecordset.class.php

occurences found: three instances

possible fix: try replacing with mysql_real_escape_string() but better to use function_exists so it still keep compatible with previous php version, for example :

if(function_exists(”mysql_real_escape_string”)){

$insert_values .= “‘” . mysql_real_escape_string($value) . “‘, “;

}else{

$insert_values .= “‘” . mysql_escape_string($value) . “‘, “;

}

Other than that a handful of other ADDT files make an ini_get() – call to some deprecated PHP.INI functions such as safe_mode — but I´m not sure if this would trigger errors, because ADDT just tries to retrieve the related INI values and doesn´t atempt to change them.

3. find "= &new"  and replace with "= new";

4.  Look inside includes/tng/tNG_insert.class.php, tNG_update.class.php, tNG_delete.class.php and tNG_custom.class.php and replace

parent::tNG_fields($connection); with parent::tNG($connection);

I've no idea about solution no.4, since parent:: usually(as far as i know) use for direct access a method on parent's class... but the solution works for me

As We're talking about live project here (i'm serious about this)  without legitimate technical support.  I have an idea if we can make a group and hire an expert programmer to audit ADDT's includes folder so it will compatible with PHP 5.3.x.. But, does it mean we break our license policy with adobe ?

========================

Hope this thread will alive and so does our ADDT's project

========================

• 1. Re: ADDT and PHP 5.3.x project
          Günter Schenk Level 4

Hi Viktor,

As We're talking about live project here (i'm serious about this)  without legitimate technical support.  I have an idea if we can make a group and hire an expert programmer to audit ADDT's includes folder so it will compatible with PHP 5.3.x.. But, does it mean we break our license policy with adobe ?

The license, which I personally consider excessively restrictive, says:

-------------------

If you have received this file from a source other than Adobe, then your use, modification, or distribution of it requires the prior written permission of Adobe

------------------

The way I understand it, modification and distribution is allowed for those who have received the "includes" files from Adobe -- but the hired PHP developer would, unless he/she were someone who has purchased and installed the extension himself/herself, actually not be receiving them from Adobe, but from a customer and hence would not be allowed to modify and distribute them.

Furthermore this license attempts to control the "use" aspect, means that - again, the way I see it - would require us users to ask Adobe for permission in case we would like to use the modified files which the PHP developer has handed over to us.

Cheers,

Günter

• 2. Re: ADDT and PHP 5.3.x project
            viktor.iwan Level 1

maybe rather than contact adobe as personal, we should make online petition first. I think our reason is acceptable.. let'see if this issue is important among ADDT user ...

• 3. Re: ADDT and PHP 5.3.x project
              raynestorm Level 1

Hi Viktor,

I would be interested...

Meredith