• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4- saving and printing help

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally new to Captivate 4 and really appreciate if anyone can enlighten me here!

1. How can I save the answers (text entry, etc) if I run it on .exe and learning at self paced level?

2. How can I print the screen/slide when i run on .exe?

3. Is there any way I can display the progress level?

Thanks

Chilli

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Hello,

Adding to Michael's answer about showing the progress: if you use the TOC in its default settings you have automatically a progress indicator. Did you try it: Project, Table of Contents.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Well you cant.. At least not out of the box. If you were publishing to SWF (and using a webserver) you could create some Flash coding and server-side scripting to save it in a database but I don't think that will be possible with an EXE file.

2. Have you tried using the print slides widget? Here is some information - http://forums.adobe.com/message/1937085#1937085

3. You can use the system varibles in Captivate 4 to display progress. Insert "Page $$cpInfoCurrentSlide$$ of $$rdinfoSlideCount$$" in a text caption to make it show "Page 1 of 15". You can set the text box to display for rest of project.

/Michael

Visit my Captivate blog with tips & tricks, tutorials and Widgets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adding to Michael's answer about showing the progress: if you use the TOC in its default settings you have automatically a progress indicator. Did you try it: Project, Table of Contents.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your help.   I gave up on the exe and went on to webserver...it manages to save the quizzes results but not the text entry boxes where user enters information. Help please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide some more information before we can help.

How are you saving the quiz data? Did you create the functionality in Flash or?

What type of webserver (I assume it's not a LMS)?

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I published it in Moodle / Zip file for scorm compatible, For quizzes there is no problem retrieving the results. But when I the create "text entry box in the tools menu, when i publish it, i can type into the box, but I cannot retrieve the data I have typed...

Please help and thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "results" of your text entry boxes aren't stored per default. You need to assign the value of each of your text boxes to a user defined variable (e.g. v_textbox1 ; v_textbox2 etc.). Since you are using  Moodle that uses SCORM and any user defined variables will be saved in the SCORM field suspend_data.

Don't know if you can use it for much though because it's not my impression that Moodle allows you to read the data stored in suspend_data but I could be wrong. I don't know the first thing about Moodle, so perhaps someone else here on the forum can help you - otherwise try the Moodle forum.

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help... I can save/edit the data entry only if I don't refresh the browser. Once I refreshed my browser and try to re-edit the data to submit again, it deletes everything on that text entry box... help is appreciated!''

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources