• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 Crashing problem

Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe believe they have identified the cause. They are now working on confirming that and producing a solution.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter-

I am not sure if this is a 'cause', but ever since the other day when we went into Tools - Options - General tab - then checked the box that says 'Clear project cache (.cpd file) before opening any projects' - we are getting the missing files/folders on EVERY PROJECT.  Plus, it takes forever to open any larger project.

The large project we had the most problems with this past week seems to be okay (for now). However, all of the other projects are opening with the missing files.  This is really a disaster. We will spend time rebuilding and then making sure each project has a backup during the day - but I hope whatever Adobe is working on will solve this issue.

Thanks!

Jo Ann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Opening RH Projects does explain that using that option may lead to losing files in Project Manager and that opening the project will take longer.

When that happens, the Using the HHP File section is what you have to do.

Right now the best advice is don't open projects just to see what happens, unless you have a good backup. Just work on what you need to and follow what I have outlined. It is working for us and others have reported the same. That is not to say it cannot go wrong again but if you also institute the backup

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem and opened the HHP file in order to recover all of the topics and fix the TOC.  Although everything appeared okay, my compiled WebHelp now cuts off the text in the bottom of pop-up windows (see below), which makes the WebHelp worthless for end users.

Anybody got a work-around for this fresh heck?

popup.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp