• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Report Capability

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in RoboHelp 7.0. Can anyone tell me if the capability to query information based on creation and/or revision dates exists? I'd like to utilize this to monitor the timeliness of revisions.
Your input is appreciated.
Implicit_d

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Take a look at the Reports options under Tools. Unfortunately, there is no report that includes a timestamp to identify creation or modification date. (Or if there is, I haven't found it...)

However, you could enter the date and time of each change in the Comments section of each topic's Properties, and these comments can print on the Topic Properties report (if selected in report Options).

You may find that simply sorting the Topics list pod by Date will give you the info you need to quickly determine which topics may require updates.

I actually maintain a separate Excel spreadsheet, in which I keep the following, by column:

Map ID
Form Name
Topic File Name
Topic Name
Latest Version
Last Revision Date
Notes (typically contains reason for last revision).

I update the spreadsheet each time I add a topic or edit an existing topic. It can be tedious at times, but if I ever get hit by a bus, it will be very handy for my successor. And the development team likes to get an updated spreadsheet occasionally so that they can do a sanity check on the MAP IDs.

Hope this helps! Welcome to the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp