• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many minutes or hours can be recorded in one session?

Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new with Adobe Captivate4  but have been able to synchronize the recording of my audio and video. My question is, how many minutes or hours can be recorded in one session? I was making a recording last night through my computer and it shut down after 2 hours, so is there a specific time limit that Adobe Captivate can handle?

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thank you,

Susan

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Susan

I'm fairly certain that Captivate can't handle something as long as two hours.

Most often we recommend recording in the slide by slide mode where you end up with something that resembles a PowerPoint presentation but provides the illusion of full motion by adding Mouse Movements and the like. Typically, you want to keep any given project to a slide count of perhaps 50 to 65 slides. Occasionally you can get away with maybe 100 to 125 or 150, but it all depends on many different factors.

Most projects end up with an overall viewing and interaction time of five or ten minutes.

If you are trying to record two hours worth of material, you likely need to investigate a different method of recording. For example, one popular collaboration tool is WebEx. It offers its own recording mechanism. Or, Adobe has Connect. And Connect offers its own recording mechanism.

I'm not sure if this helps, but I'm hopefu it did.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources