• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional Build Tags - Problems when generating content

Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just wanted to print 4 pages of a long help project so I added conditional build tags called 'ad-hoc' and created a Printed Doc SSL where ad-hoc was the conditional build value.

When I generate the document I am getting everything still though. Am I being particularly thick today?

I tried tagging everything 'online' and then adding the ad-hoc tag to the pages building the condition as 'online' AND 'ad-hoc' but then got nothing.

Help appreciated as ever.

Nick.

@Tompsk on Twitter.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

I don't think the One Off Print tag is needed. If you apply Generic to all topics, then remove it from a few before generating online help with NOT GENERIC applied, you will get only the topics from which you removed the tag. No need to apply another one.

If you wanted to print, then forget tags, just have a print layout where you only select those topics you want in.

Print works the opposite way to online. Print you have to include, online you have to exclude.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick.

Can you post the build tag expression you used in your single source layout?

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow me @robocolumn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I just put 'ad-hoc' as the definition, then 'online AND ad-hoc'.

Playing about with the doc settings in the wizard at the moment - havent used this SSL before so might be a picnic problem 🙂

Nick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need a CBT for this.

Just include only those four topics in print layout.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some similar issues with using conditional build tags when i first started out, so it led me to apply a single 'Generic' tag to every folder/topic in my project, then when I onnly want certain topics I apply a 'One off print' tag to the specific topics and remove the 'Generic' tag.

Then when I publish I can set the build tags to pub nothing except my 'One off print' topics. It works fine. then set them back once I'm finished. Its easy to set because build tags can be applied at folder level so it sets it for all topics.

Its my understanding that topics that dont have a tag applied will be published, and that the build tag is used more for the reverse reason of not including content in output......maybe im wrong, either way the above method works.

regards, Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think the One Off Print tag is needed. If you apply Generic to all topics, then remove it from a few before generating online help with NOT GENERIC applied, you will get only the topics from which you removed the tag. No need to apply another one.

If you wanted to print, then forget tags, just have a print layout where you only select those topics you want in.

Print works the opposite way to online. Print you have to include, online you have to exclude.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp