Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMAIL -- How to send an e-mail to a network folder

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys,

I am using Cold Fusion 7.0 and I have the functionality in the website where an e-mail is generated (i.e based on some changes or actions) and that e-mail goes to a folder in the Outlook right now.

Instead of sending the email (which is generated through the website) to the outlook, I need to send it to a folder on network drive (ex: G/Emails).

Is this possible, if so could you please help me out how to achive this.?

Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it's not an email if it's not going to an email server (and then on to someone's mailbox).  It's just... "a file".

Where is the directory you want to write to in relation to the CF server?  Is it on the same network?  A remote network?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

Thank You for the explanation on the first paragraph.

The directory where I want to write the file (as per your explnation) is on the same network. Is there a way to do it? Please help me out.

Ex:
My CF Server Name : CFServer1
Server Name where I want to place the file is : MyFirstServer (which is on the same network as my CF server)

So, I want my files go to MyFirstServer/WebFiles

Thanks much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have a look at <cffile>: http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/00000254.htm

Bear in mind that by default the CF server which will be doing the file oepration runs on the local system account which will not have access to any network resources, so you will have to start the CF service with an account that does have permissions to the resources in question.

Also not that your reference to G: is probably just something your login script maps for you when you login to your desktop... the CF server probably isn't going to have a G: drive, so you will need to access the other server's file system via a UNC, eg: \\otherserver\share\path\to\directory

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation