• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 HTML "Find and Replace" Locks after a "found" file is changed

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp8 HTML on a Dell Latitude 630 laptop running Windows Vista. After opening a project and then opening the Find and Replace window and searching, I made a change to one of the files (in the RH8 UI) that the "find" function found. When I went back to the Find and Replace window, I got the usual dialog that advises that the xx file has been modified and asks do I want RH8 to reload it? No matter which I click, "Yes" or "No", the dialog reappears. This did NOT happen in RH7 (on the same laptop). The only way I can get this dialog to disappear is to exit RH8 or use Task Manager and close it, which also closes RH8. What is up with this? To make it worse, the Find and Replace dialog that is behind the pop-up dialog can't be moved, and it remains on top of the RH8 UI. And clicking the red X does nothing. Here's a screenshot:

RH8_Find-Replace_locked.jpg

Also, I cannot find a way to search a SPECIFIC forum - The only options I see are "Search Forums", which gives me results from ALL Adobe product forums (and I've never found an answer or post of my problem there), or "Search Adobe.com". If there is some way for us to search a specific Forum (e.g., just the RoboHelp HTML Forum), PLEASE tell me how to do that. I'm relatively new to this Forum, and one of the reasons I haven't used it much is because of the inability to search just the RH8 HTML one. Ironically, the "Before you post" post has this as the first thing we're supposed to do before posting. If there is no way to do that, then PLEASE Adobe, add a search function within each product's forum. It would definitely help to keep down the number of duplicate posts and enable us to find answers to our questions more quickly.

Thank you in advance!

~Marlo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlo

One way to avoid issues with the MFS&R tool is to close all topics before performing the operation. I think what happens is that because RoboHelp has a file open for editing, it somewhat freaks out and cannot deal with the file being changed behind its back. Of course, if you close all topics before attempting this, things should work more smoothly.

As for searching the forums, try this. Type your search term into the field, then follow it with a space and +RoboHelp. You may be surprised by seeing that before you even click the search icon, a list of found items appears.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rick, especially for the tip on how to search just the Forum I need to search! That will be a BIG timesaver!

This is a bug because, in RH7, clicking Yes or No closed that dialog. In RH8, I have to close RH completely to get rid of it. I use this feature a lot because our beloved developers change things on the fly, and I need to search for specific things within the entire project. Too frequently, I only need to make the change in some instances, so I do it in the UI instead of in the MFS&R tool.

~Marlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlo

I'm pleased to have helped a smidge. Please note that I wasn't suggesting it wasn't a bug. By all means I hope you and others report it as such, as it shouldn't happen. What was offered was in the spirit of a workaround.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 within the day - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2009 Nov 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

MANY thanks on the tip for searching the forum. That will make my life easier as well. Perhaps this little tidbit should appear in the "Before you post.." sticky topic - in the section "Search before you post"?

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marlo,

I too have come across this "interesting" behavior -  the dialog appears over and over again. The UI is not locked, however. Just holding down the Enter key when the Yes button has the focus will clear all the annoying dialogs. In my case, there are 33 dialogs that appear. I don't know if that # is directly related to my search or the # of topcis I have open, or what.

If you hold the Enter key down too long, the highlighted topic will open in whatever editor it's configured to use. And will do so multiple times until you release the Enter key. Another annoyance.

Also, on some of my find & replace operations, after the 33 dialogs, a different dialog w/ an OK button is presented. Again 33 times.

So it's a hassle, but I haven't seen that is messes up any topics.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patrick,

Thanx for the tip, I will try that the next time this happens.

Maybe the 33 dialogs that appeared when this happened to you was 1 for each file that you changed while the F&R dialog was open?

All - I have reported this as a bug to Adobe. Let's hope that it's fixed in the next SP release.

Thank you all,

~Marlo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp