Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using RH7 and RH8 on the same machine

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2009 Nov 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I'm a new "member" of this very helpful forum and I thank you in advance for your help.

I've recently changed my version of RoboHelp (I used RH7) and I'm now using version 8.

I'm working on an online help project which works perfectly with RH7 and I'm having some problems working on it with RH8.

I wondered if I could reinstall version 7 on my machine and use it without uninstalling RH8?

Is it possible to have both versions installed while using only one (in this case, RH7)?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to install 7 first but then they will work together with one important proviso, you have full licences for both versions. If, as is likely, 8 was an upgrade, they will not work together. Only RH HTML can be dual installed, not RH for Word.

Why not start a thread with the problem you are having in RH8?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I think as an "emergency" measure I will reinstall RH7 for HTML on my machine and finish my project

(I have a very short deadline ...)

As far as my problems are concerned, I've already seen few messages that could help me

(but I haven't enough time to study them now).

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp